Thursday, June 12, 2008

We're still here




I know, I've been a little MIA the past couple weeks. The summer has officially started at the Schumacher house as of last week. My class has started, Addison and Trevor both had swimming lessons (although I must admit they didn't go to EVERY class). Trevor also had VBS last week.

So, we're slowing down a little for next week. I'll have my sisters 2 boys part of Thursday and then Friday, but the week after things will start back up again. Trevor is doing a camp at the Y for a week and will be in swimming lessons again. Then it's Caleb's turn to start a class called Parent & Perch (also swimming) with me. So, I'll be running like a chicken with my head cut off AGAIN!! :) But I have to say, it's fun watching the kids do all their activities and be a part of them when I'm able to.

Addison is doing fantastic! She has been home with us now for almost 2 months. She has learned VERY quickly that she'll be needing to hold her own around her brothers. As much as they love her, and vice versa, they still fight/argue/tease/pick on each other--all of them. They fight over toys and do all those things siblings do. But there are those times when they just love each other. Those are such special times.

Back to Addison....she is growing like crazy. I look at her now and see a girl that has absolutely gotten huge since coming home. She eats like crazy, and a LOT!!! She's also gotten to the point of wanting "real" food, not baby food cuz she likes to feed herself and loves the textures. So, we're down to only 2 or 4 containers of baby food left. Then she'll be done with that stuff.

Also, another amazing thing with Addison....when she arrived home 2 months ago, she had 2 teeth on the bottom. She now has a total of 7....yes 7 teeth!! And I can see there are 2 or 3 more ready to push thru. I really can't say enough how well this little girl has done since coming home. Without weighing her, I'd say she's gained 10 pounds since coming home. I'm sure it hasn't been THAT much, but you pick her up and there is a DEFINITE difference!!!

Ummm, trying to think of anything else......she's been army crawling like crazy for over a month now. In the past couple weeks she's been getting up on her knees. Not moving, but she gets up on all fours and smirks at me. Pretty cute. I know I'll regret saying this (Mark said the same thing last night) but I'm excited for the day she takes her first steps. It's just amazing what these little kids can do. Even to watch the boys and all their firsts, it's amazing what God can do for us!

I guess that's all I've got for now....to touch base on all the flooding around here. Even with all the rain, we're fortunate the roads haven't been closed down again. No more damage has happened in Platte Center, to my knowledge. The fields down in the valley have been flooded numerous times, but nothing besides that. So, we've really been fortunate. It's looking like the rain is gonna quit for a few days, so hopefully it'll dry up a bit.

Above, these pictures were taken at Mark's (and mine) aunt's wedding reception a couple weeks ago. Trevor and Caleb were enjoying their time on aunt Carolyn's swing before all the other kids got there. The other is Addison with aunt Betty, another of our aunts.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Hi Andrea, I have enjoyed reading through your blog this evening. Your family is beautiful. Congratulations on getting Addison home!

mama becca said...

So great to see updates! If you have time, I'd love to see more pics of sweet Addison... I can't believe how much she's grown since we were in ET!!! Crazy!
so there's my request :).
becca