Saturday, October 18, 2008

We have a walker!!!

Well, pretty close anyway! Addison has been taking a couple steps up to 6 or 8 at a time. She will let go of things and stand there for the longest time, till she realizes you are looking at her. Then she smiles, laughs and falls down on purpose!! :-) But she's doing awesome. Plus having the boys encourage her even more, that helps. Then she claps for herself!

Since the last post, Mark and I have also had our birthdays. Not a lot happened, due to some crappy weather here! We were planning to go to the big pumpkin patch last Sunday, on my birthday, but due to the rain that didn't happen. The week just seemed to get worse for me after that. Thursday was Mark's birthday, but since he has basketball and doesn't eat those days cuz of it, we celebrated his Wednesday evening. The kids and I decorated the kitchen lights with balloons and we had his favorite, cherry cheesecake.

So, tomorrow, we are planning to now head to Vala's (pumpkin patch). It's supposed to be decent....I hope so! Hopefully I'll get some great pics of all the kiddos tomorrow. It might be Addison's first time riding a pony if they are there!!! That'll be fun!!!

Also, just wondering.....does anyone know where I could find a good book on the Amhara tribe?? I have looked on amazon, but can't seem to find something that sticks out for me. Maybe I can get some recommendations???

No comments: