Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nothing much

It's nice to know that I'm finally starting to feel a bit like myself again after a week. I haven't had sinus infection for a long time, and I think this time it made up for it! Basically, I got my butt kicked by it this time. I haven't done much of anything...well, clean up at home which Mark is excited about. But I haven't been to the Y in a week! That's kinda killing me. Nobody there even knows we got a court date, so they'll be excited to hear that when I do HOPEFULLY go back Monday.

The past couple weeks seem to be good news for a few families in blog-land. Referrals, court dates, paperwork finished....it's a great feeling we are fortunate to be able to share with each other. I know, personally, I talk to my family, friends, etc....but it's just not the same. I'm so thankful for my fellow bloggers....to be able to have those happy and sad times to share with each other means a great deal to me. You understand first-hand what I/we are feeling...it's great knowing that.

We are now at a few days past 11 months since starting our process. As long as our court date goes well in 3 weeks (3 weeks from today!!) we'll be traveling, basically, right at a year since starting our journey. And yes, even though pregnancy is 9 (well, really 10) months, this process really wasn't so bad when I look back. What we've been thru so far, it's like pregnancy, you kinda forget about the hardships and pain when it's all said and done and you have a happy ending. During this process, I didn't gain weight (well, I did, but not pregnancy weight--wish I had an excuse) :-) I didn't have back pain. I didn't get gestational diabetes. I didn't have to have my shots in the beginning to be sure my hormone levels were fine. I didn't get more stretch marks. I didn't retain water. I just didn't get all those pregnancy woes a person can have.
What I did have was every emotion possible. Frustration, nervous, impatience, sad, joyful, happy, anxious, eager, hopeful.......
As we near the end of our adoption process journey to hopefully bring a baby girl home to our family, these many emotions over the last 11 months run thru my mind and I recall all the energy and things put into this process. The MANY people who have helped us along the way...whether it was letters written, notarizing letters, a shoulder to cry-or rejoice-on, or anything else that may have happened along the way. It's been such a fantastic experience to have taken in our lives and with our boys, families, friends, the people that mean the most to us.

So, I say Congratulations to us all who have had any sort of great and fantastic news lately! It's always a great feeling to get good news! And for those of you still waiting.....it sucks. There really isn't any word for us. And if you aren't to the point of saying it sucks, I'm sure you'll get there. (If you don't, you have a LOT more patience than I do!) :-)

We all just remember, it's in God's hands. There was a reason why our homestudy took a couple extra weeks to finish...there was a reason why it took a month to get our Immigration approval paper. I now believe it was because Liya was meant to join our family and He wanted it to be just right for us.

I suppose I'll quit rambling. I didn't really have anything to write about, but having 3 more weeks till court, I didn't want to not say anything in that time.

No comments: