Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Queen" of the room for the day

That's exactly what her smile said to me this morning! Why you ask?? My little stinker decided she was going to stand up today! Mark was wondering last night if she was going to try standing up next to his chair, but nothing. So this morning by the fireplace she was playing with some toy and used it to stand up TWICE. I honestly couldn't believe it. All she does is army crawl. The only time she's on her knees (or all 4's) is to sit up from being on her belly. Yep, I was quite surprised and excited.....and she thought she was a queen for all the praise she got from me and her 2 brothers!! :)

In the last week, she's also popped the 6th tooth since coming home, which makes #8. She's learned to squeal extremely loud. And has learned to pick on her brothers like they pick on her and each other. She has been known to take toys right out of Caleb's hand!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but she LOVES music!! More my music or commercials on tv. But when she hears it she smiles nice and big and sways back and forth. How fast or slow she sways depends on the song. I'm glad all 3 of my kids follow me in that aspect, instead of their daddy! (Mark enjoys AM radio!)

We're heading out to go camping, finally, again this weekend for the 4th. We're all excited about going...we just gotta get all packed. It'll just be nice to go as a family for a long weekend. Mark has been SO busy at work. He goes in around 4 or 5 in the morning and gets home around 6 at night. So we're all looking forward to this weekend (even if he does have to work Saturday)

Hope everyone out there has a great, but SAFE, 4th of July!!

No comments: