Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another week down

I think God has given me some peace today. Although a phone call for court would have been SO awesome, I feel content knowing we get a little closer everyday. I may not know HOW close, but it's one day closer.

So, to bide my time lately, I've packed some things. I have 2 suitcases full of humanitarian aid. If we don't take extra luggage (more than the 4 for us to check) it leaves Mark and I with just one to pack our things in--the 3rd suitcase is full of Addison's items she'll need. We'll just see as time gets closer, what we decide to do. Besides what we already have packed, we really would like to take some books along as well. When we know more, I think that's when I'll start to think harder about what to do for travel.

And...Congratulations to the Atwoods!! After 3 postponed court dates, they became their baby's official parents last week!!

3 comments:

mama becca said...

Hi Andrea!
Thanks so much for finding our blog and commenting. It's great to know about other families who are in this with us. Just nice to know you understand! I'm so sorry you've had to wait, too. Hopefully it'll be very soon... we're both almost on week 6, right? Praying for you as you wait.
Hang in there...
becca

Tara said...

We got our referral about a week after you and the Albertsons (I think)...and WE NEED COURT DATES! :)

Andrea said...

I have to say I completely agree with you! Waiting sucks when wanting a referral. But waiting sucks more when you have pictures and just want to bring the children home!! Oh, to pray so hard for court dates!!!
Tuesday will be 6 weeks for us. Ugh!