Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I think it's my turn to vent....

Yesterday you might have thought I was doing alright. It seemed I was hanging in there. Well, today is a different story. My phone just did NOT ring today. I think my husband called this morning about 9 or 10 wondering if I minded if him and my son went fishing tonite (of course not! it's Lent and we LOVE fish!!) Then the next time it rang today was about 5:25 pm letting me know he had gotten their bait and he was now on his way home. Not a lot of emails today either. I was starting to wonder if the power was cut today (even though the tv was working). Maybe it was just the computer and phone line??

So, it has now been 6 weeks waiting for a court date today. We were originally told 3-4 weeks to get a court date, and when scheduled, it would probably be 3-4 weeks out. So we'd be looking at 2 months...roughly...till we'd travel. Obviously that is NOT gonna happen!

Mark tells me to pray for patience (he's known me for almost 10 years and should know I'm a hopeless case when it comes to patience!) I pray for Addison's safety and health and that our court date will come soon. But I pray also for my 2 wonderful boys at home. My oldest, who will turn 4 next month, tells me all the time how much he's loves Addison and asks when she'll be coming home. What do you say?!? Then my younger boy, who will turn 2 this Thursday, he recognizes Addison in her pictures. We have her pictures on our computer and he looks at them and says "sister". He may not be where Trevor is, but he knows he has a sister out there somewhere. She's just not here.

So, what do we do??? Yell? Scream? Get mad? Be patient? Wonder why? Why is it taking so long? Why has each event taken the time that it has?

I know God has a reason for us why the turn of events has happened the way it has and when they have. I still wonder why....And of course, I wonder why at this point in time also. Why is He making us wait TWICE as long as normal (and longer) for court? Why are us families missing out on time with our hopeful soon-to-be children when we would love to have them home with us to love for our lives here on Earth?

As you can tell, I had one of those days today. The boys and I made Addison's poster today. My sister-in-law had to tell me about this machine (Cricut machine) she got cuz she knows I love to scrapbook. Well, me being the sucker I am, of course I bought one! So, we used it today to make her a Welcome Home poster. We're so excited about it, but now we need the baby girl to come home for it!

Lord, please let us families get that call for our babies. Please let them join our lives soon. Let us be able to hold them and love them in person more than the special hugs and kisses we wish for them from us on the stars. Amen.

Another day down.....maybe tomorrow??

No comments: