Sunday, April 27, 2008

We're doing well

We've been home for a week now. Wow! Seems kinda crazy to think that! But all is good. Addison is adjusting to many things very nicely. She's getting acustomed to baby food (which she is completely in love with, no matter what kind it is!), her 2 brothers (now that she's had time with each of them individually, it's not so bad), the time change (there has only been one night during the past week that she woke up around 2, otherwise she's been sleeping thru 10 hours), and other things. She's very happy, most of the time. When you wipe her nose, then it's a different story! It's just a blessing to have her a part of our family--FINALLY!

She has met many new people this week and takes to everyone without crying. She's probably used to having lots of people in and out of her site with families visting the foster care home in Addis. But, it's probably also in her Ethiopian blood to just be happy and friendly anyway!

I plan to post more pics when I get the chance, hopefully this week. I'm also trying to upload pics into a book I'm going to have printed of Addison and our trip, instead of just scrapbooking it myself. I'm trying to beat the sale deadline!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your family is doing well! I love reading the updates and can only imagine the joy that she brings to those that are fortunate to meet her in person. I'm on to step 3 of about 8 or 9 of my project for her...hopefully soon it will be heading your way!

Hugs to all -